These are from the wonderful movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou". It happens in the South. Some of you will know the singer in the middle of the first clip. That is George Clooney. He starred in the movie. This is one of those movies most everyone has seen. It was filmed mostly in Mississippi. Mississippi is in the South.
Man of Constant Sorrow
Go to Sleep Little Babe
You Are My Sunshine
And My Favorite
Down in the River to Pray
About Kate's Class Video of the Day
The past few years I have shown a video of the day, usually a music video, as a way to increase cultural currency, create a greater connection to age appropriate music for my students with multiple disabilities and reinforce whatever theme we are working on. This school year I found myself struggling each morning to choose a video of the day on the spur of the moment (perhaps I am getting old?). Thus I began this blog so that I can pre-post videos of the day for my students to view at morning meeting. Our routine does not have time at this point for viewing multiple videos daily and voting, although other classrooms like ours are doing so, check out Alicia's Class Video of the Day. Most of these videos will correspond somehow to the Unique Learning System, seasonal holidays/activities or just music we have been talking about or enjoying in the classroom on the radio or our iPod touch.
- Counting Crows - Omaha
- Randy Bachman and Neil Young - Prairie Town
- Selections from Oh Brother Where Art Thou
- Jessica - Allman Brothers
- Keep on Smilin' - Wet Willie
- Blind Boys of Alabama
- Doc Watson - Peach Pickin' Time in Georgia
- Davy Crockett in Outer Space
- Deep in the Heart of Texas
- Ella's Song - Sweet Honey in the Rock
- ▼ November (11)
- I am a teacher of learners with multiple special needs in New England. I have been teaching since 1997. I received a combined B.A./M.S.Ed in Intensive Special Education (and a second B.A. in sociology) from Simmons College in Boston. In addition to classroom special education teaching I teach professional development and act as a consultant. In my free time I adore audiobooks, knitting and time with friends and family.